New MINI JCW Hatch
NEW MINI JCW HATCH IS MOST POWERFUL MINI EVER!
- 2.0-litre engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology.
- 6-speed manual transmission as standard, 6-speed Steptronic sports transmission optional.
- New high-performance Brembo brakes with four-piston front callipers.
- Exclusive 17-inch John Cooper Works Race Spoke light alloy wheels.
- Aerodynamically optimised body design: front apron with large cooling air inlets; distinctive side sill & rear apron design; JCW rear spoiler.
- Combined economy of 49.5mpg; CO2 emissions: 133g/km (both auto).
- Priced from £22,865. On sale late April.
Packing the most powerful engine ever for a production MINI – a 2.0-litre TwinPower Turbo unit delivering 231 hp and 320 Nm – the JCW also draws on the brand’s motorsport expertise with a package of suspension, brake, aerodynamic and interior modifications to deliver race-car sensations without losing sight of MINI’s premium position.
Compared with the previous MINI JCW, the new model delivers 10 per cent more power and 23 per cent more torque. This brings the 0-62 mph time down by 0.2 seconds to 6.3 seconds with the six-speed manual gearbox, and by 0.6 seconds to 6.1 seconds with the optional six-speed Steptronic sports transmission.
In true MINI style, the driving fun does not involve any fuel consumption penalty. Combined consumption with the manual gearbox is 42.2 mpg, with CO2 emissions of 155 g/km. With the optional Steptronic sports transmission fuel economy improves by 20 per cent to 49.5 mpg, with CO2 emissions of 133 g/km.
The aerodynamic changes have been designed with a purpose rather than for purely aesthetic reasons. A new front apron with large engine air intakes, distinctive side sills, a model-specific rear apron and a John Cooper Works spoiler differentiate the JCW from the standard 3-Door MINI Hatch. The JCW also has LED headlamps with white indicators, wheel-arch surrounds and a unique radiator grille, side scuttles and tailgate with JCW badging. A new colour option, Rebel Green, is exclusive to the JCW.
JCW highlights of the sporty interior include exclusive bucket seats with integrated headrests in Dinamica/fabric, the sills, a multi-function steering wheel with shift paddles (in conjunction with Steptronic transmission), gear selector, instrument displays, stainless steel pedals and footrest, Driving Excitement package and key.
Bespoke JCW personalisation options includes a model-specific MINI Head-Up display (with rev lights and gear indicator), Chili Red roof and door mirror covers, bonnet stripes and exterior and interior John Cooper Works Pro design accessories. These are in addition to the vast selection of high-end options available for the entire MINI range.
- 4-cylinder MINI TwinPower Turbo engine with direct injection, fully variable valve control and variable camshaft control
- Capacity: 1,998 cc
- Output: 231 hp @ 5,200-6,000 rpm, max torque: 320 Nm @ 1,250-4,800 rpm
- Acceleration (0–62mph) 6.1 seconds (auto); 6.3 seconds (man)
- Top speed: 152mph
- Average fuel consumption: 49.5 mpg (auto); 42.2 mpg (man)
- CO2 emissions: 133 g/km (auto); 155 g/km (man)
- Length: 3,874 millimetres
- Width: 1,727 millimetres
- Height: 1,414 millimetres
- Wheelbase: 2,495 millimetres
For the best offers on new MINI in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire please visit the Specialist Cars MINI website CLICK HERE.
Social Media Management by MotorTradeSolutions.net